Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Is she Me? Clarifying Momnesia

So, yesterday I sent out several hundred invitations to my upcoming blog event, "The Momnesia Chronicles." I also provided a link to a brief synopsis of my novel, Momnesia.

In response, I received many, many phone calls, e-mails, Facebook posts and the like (thank you!)... many of which included statements like, "It sounds like it's the story of your life!"

I have to laugh. One of the most enjoyable aspects of Momnesia is that it creates parallels with many of our lives. But alas, I could only dream of having some of the strengths my book's character does, and on the other side of that?... I'm also glad my life has not been nearly as dramatic as hers.

Of course, there are similarities. Yes, we are both Type-A New Yorkers who have relocated to North Carolina. Yes, I have been known to enjoy Metallica CDs. Yes, we each have two cats; both rotten. But that's about it.

Thankfully, my husband is not hung up on get-rich-quick schemes (and neither is my ex-husband), my mother doesn't imply that I sit around eating Bon-Bons all day... well, you get the point.

It's a fictional story--drummed up from my imagination combined with experiences I've had, observed, or thought about.

On second thought, there is another similarity between me and Shelley in the book: We've both suffered from severe cases of "Momnesia." What about you?

I'm looking forward to sharing our stories beginning Friday when I launch "The Momnesia Chronicles" here on my blog. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome; please make sure they are relevant to the discussion. Thanks for participating!