Monday, May 14, 2012

You Know What They Say About "Assuming"

Just in case you're not familiar, what they say is that when you assume, you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me." (Catchy, eh?)

I don't know if I would go so far as to say that I, or anyone else has been made an "ass" of, but I do feel that I should clarify a bit: As my readers know, I am a big proponent of finding balance between "momminess" and "sexiness." This is evidenced by a multitude of articles, tweets, interviews, and features that all tend to lean the same way. My overall message is this:

We women tend to put so much effort into our families, that we often forget about ourselves. Thus, we need to direct some effort toward taking good care of our Selves, so that we can enjoy our children and our overall life in peace, happiness, and the absence of resentment.

However, I'm realizing that there is an assumed message in all this, the assumption being that (as I've found to be the case), most of us don't have any problem finding our "momminess." We don't need to be reminded to sing preschool songs, play bubble bath games, and talk to our teens in the car on the way to their activities. We already do these things. As well as cook, clean, work, attend school functions, volunteer our time, take care of the pets, and the multifarious other things we, as dedicated moms, do.

Now, I'm sure there are--somewhere out there--moms who have not found their "momminess." For their childrens' sake, I hope they find their mommy groove so they can provide nurturing lives for the children they've chosen to bring into this world. But they are not my "target audience." The vast majority of us moms have already found (and often have been overtaken by) our "momminess." It's our sexiness that needs encouragement, and that's what I try to do.

Since I don't want to leave anyone out, I'd like to provide this advice for any moms out there who need encouragement to find their "momminess:" Sing songs, play bubble bath games, and talk to your teens in the car. When you are at home, make sure their schoolwork is done, praise them lavishly for good work, and punish them when they need it. Try and eat as many meals together as possible. Tuck them in at night with hugs and kisses, and a story. Then go pour yourself a glass of wine, light some scented candles, and be "you." Just you. It makes it easier to do all this other stuff. Balance. We can be both.

Love you!
xoxoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome; please make sure they are relevant to the discussion. Thanks for participating!