Friday, June 15, 2012

New Writer's Challenge: Please Vote!

Back in the spring, I participated in World Book Night as an official "Book Giver." I had the honor of giving out 20 copies of "The Lovely Bones," and the group I selected to give them to was a classroom of adult students working on getting their GED through the WakeTech Adult Education Department.


I was very excited to meet everyone, and they welcomed me warmly. In fact, so many were interested in hearing about writing as a career, that I decided to create an opportunity for them:


I created my very own NEW WRITER'S CHALLENGE!


Every entrant receives a prize just for participating. The top three finalists have their articles published on my blog (here!) The Grand Prize Winner will receive a copy of each of my books, signed by me, and an assignment as a guest blogger here on LoriTheAuthor!


So, here is where you come in!... We need voters to decide which story wins!


Please take a few minutes to READ ALL THREE articles before voting. (Don't worry... they're short!) AFTER YOU'VE READ THEM, please go to the survey to register your vote! (Below.)


Thank you very much for giving a few minutes of your time to help encourage those in our community who are working hard toward a better future!

Entry: Brushing Up Against Coco


Entry: Overcomer



Entry: The Person Who Changed My Life Irrevocably


I hope you enjoyed reading the entries. Now it's time to VOTE! Please access the voting form here... there are only 3 questions... it will take under a minute! THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

Want to stay posted on who wins? Follow my blog (on the right) so you'll know when I post the winner!

6 comments:

  1. Lori, the monkey program forced my responses to be 1-2-3 in that order. I could not record my own vote. There's some kind of flaw in their program. Plus, I could not use my Email address because the URL supposedly contained an illegal character. Kind of frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, if you will please let me know what your true votes are, I will enter them for you. Again, sorry. And thanks.

      Delete
  2. Goodness! You're right! I'm so sorry... I did go into the survey and fix it so that it works better (yet I didn't lose the votes that were already done.) You're right... that WAS frustrating! Please rest assured that it's fixed now. Thanks for voting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not get in to the essays either. The only website which allows me to see the essays is Firefox. Otherwisw, the pages come up with the titles and completely blank pages below each title. We wanted to vote at Wake Tech in our classes, but this is a problem.
    Dianne Arvizu, Instructor WTCC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please see my reply here in the comments. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Dianne: The problem you're describing is due to security measures on your computer system. It's because the articles are posted as "pictures" instead of text (they were submitted as .pdf instead of .doc or in an email as per the instructions). If you'd like, since you're at the school, I can email you the three entries, and then you can just go to the link to vote. If you'd like to do that, please message me your email address. You can send it to me via my FB page www.facebook.com/LoriTheAuthor so it will be kept private. Thanks! --Lori

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome; please make sure they are relevant to the discussion. Thanks for participating!